This is a fantastic opportunity allowing the successful applicant to apply their skills in a fast paced and lively working environment working on multiple product development projects in the UK and USA.
We are looking to recruit an excellent back-end PHP developer who lives within easy commuting distance of Glasgow.
You will be working as part of a small team on new product development and support of mission critical systems.
You must have:
- solid PHP knowledge and skills
- extensive experience of Laravel, Symfony, Zend Framework and/or any other PHP framework
- extensive experience of object oriented and/or procedural PHP programming
- experience with REST APIs
- solid SQL and database design skills
- experience with MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL and/or other RDBMS
- strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- experience with version control systems i.e. Git and Subversion
- Linux system administration and devops experience, including creating and managing clusters of servers and databases
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- must be comfortable with dealing in issues ranging from front-end to back-end, and all points in between
- experience of working on high-traffic, large-scale web applications
- experience working in an Agile development process
- experience of continuous integration, delivery and deployment best practices
- experience of working with caching systems such as Memcached or Redis
You are self-motivated and maintain a high standard of quality whilst working to strict deadlines.
You have an eagerness to learn new/emerging technologies.
Location: Glasgow City Centre (UK)
Salary: £35,000 – £50,000 a year
Start date: ASAP